We never thought we were going to wind up in the Turks and Caicos, farthest thing from our minds. But when we got here with a bunch of buddies we knew it was the place for us. So we set out to buy the perfect place. Thanks to Lisa Lopes of Sotheby's she was on it.
After buying Villa Capri in the Turks and Caicos back in August of 2015 we knew we were going to have to put some heavy duty upgrades into it. The house itself is AWESOME but it just needed some love.
The first thing we did was rename it from Villa Alexandra to Villa Capri. Why? The island of Capri is our favorite place in the world to go to each and every year. Now we share it with Villa Capri :-)
Here's the punch list of all the stuff we did!
- Removed the entire outdoor island, installed a new one with brand new commercial grade grill, sink and refrigerator. Installed a 46" outdoor TV for those can't-miss games from the pool!
- Installed an entire new ensuite bathroom for the only bedroom that didn't have one!
- Installed a door on the master suite and revamped the closet to fit the new bathroom.
- Replaced all of the outdoor lights with beautiful white ceramic lights (just like the Gansevoort's)
- Replaced all of the lounge furniture on the patio with new white loungers and white Resto Hardware couches and chairs. Shipping to this island is expensive!
- Replaced bistro table with a teak table and white chairs to match the loungers.
- Installed kayak and standup paddleboard storage so they didn't take up all of the space on the lovely dock on the water. Now you can lounge on the dock!
- Made the infinity pool and actual infinity pool.
- Replaced the living room 50" TV with a 65" TV and installed Apple TV, Wii, and a DVD player.
- Replaced the master bedroom 37" TV with the 50" TV.
- Replaced all pots, pans, flatware, dishes, glasses, coffee maker, toaster, sheets, beach towels.
- Installed curtains and bought rugs for all bedrooms.
- Bought new ice maker for outdoors.
- Installed central AC for the main living area.
- Re-landscaped the grounds.
- Bought 2 Pack and Plays for the kiddies to sleep!
- Installed a monitored alarm system
Whew! That was a lotta work! I'm sure there's more to come. Thanks to our amazing property managers Dinesh, Julian, Faye and the entire team at Island Escapes who manage all of this stuff while we're gone! It's time to get back to Villa Capri on the Turks and Caicos Islands!